My baby Nolan is 18 months! WHAT?!
Oh my goodness, this little dude is something else! So cute, so full of energy, so determined, so silly! And so aware that he has every one of us wrapped around his little sticky fingers, too!
Its been a lot of fun watching him grow and change these last few months. Here are some of his latest stats:
* After a check-up on Wednesday, he's weighing in at a whopping 23 lbs (15%) and is 32.5" long (60%). Tall and skinny, which came as a shock with as much as the kid eats...seriously, he'd suck on apple sauce all day long if we let him. He's also a big fan of yogurt, berries, bread, crackers, peanut butter, cheese, green beans, guacamole, bananas, and watermelon. And "nack" or snack. Its the first thing he asks for when Memaw or Granddad are around at Signspot. He heads straight for their lunchbox and cleans them out of cookies or chips. We joke that he's also quite addicted to his pacifier and insists on having it directly following a meal - much like a smokers need for a cigarette. Ha!
*We're down to one nap a day. We've been on the go this summer and I didn't want to keep the big kids from enjoying morning activities outside of the house just because baby Bear was sleeping...so we pushed everyones nap time up and are able to do some fun things to wear Nolan out before rest time in the afternoon. He goes down (along with the older ones) in the afternoon around 1:00 and sleeps for 3+ hours). Lillianne rests for an hour and Hudson naps for about 2. So it gives some nice one-on-one time with the older kids. And I'm hoping the trend will continue through the fall as we adjust to having a new baby around. I soooo enjoy having everyone rest at the same time. I think this will be a forced event until they move out. =)
* Skinned knees and bruised shins only mean one thing...He's on the go! Walking, running, riding, crawling around the dirt. He's all over the place and if he sees you coming towards him - he goes faster (in the opposite direction, of course!) He's also very much a climber.
* Nolan is one determined little boy. He knows what he wants and gets quite vocal and sometimes frustrated when he doesn't get his way. He's the first to exhibit "tantrums" where he lays down on the ground and turns into a jellyfish to prove how mad he is. Poor things gonna learn pretty quick that the only thing thats gonna get him is a spanking!
* I love how expressive and vocal little Nolan is! He is using all kinds of words to communicate! He loves calling out for "Sissy" and "Dadda" in the mornings. He likes to tell the world "morning" when I open the blinds in his room. He'll yell "ball" at any circle he sees! And will ask for "sauce", "dink" or "nana" all day long. He kicks his legs and shakes his arms when we pull into Signspot each day - so excited to see Daddy, Memaw & Granddad and yells "Pawpaw" when we pull into Nana & Paw's drive. He gives some of the best squeezes ever. And when we tell him "I love you!" he affectionately says "OK"(thanks a lot!!) Seriously, watching him develop language and put words together makes my heart smile =)
* Wears size 4 diapers, size 12-18 month clothes and size 4 shoe.
We love this little man so much! Hard to believe that in a months time he will be a "big brother" and won't be a baby (who am I kidding... he'll always be my baby!) I am so incredibly blessed and thankful to be called his Momma and my heart bursts with JOY when he is near =)