Saturday, August 4, 2012

The House: Part 1

I am finally getting around to taking and posting pictures of our house! Its a work in progress - for sure - but we are loving our new home! It seems like every day Justin is saying "I just love this house!" I feel the same way. It's comfortable, the spaces work for us, and its easier to keep clean. The kids love their "space". Lillianne wants to play in the play-room all day long and Hudson, well, he has lots of new places to get into! 

Here is the living room. This room is long and has lots of seating space that I love. There is a long window seat behind the sofa and our wooden table & benches are on this end (not pictured). Along the accent wall I have started a clock collection. I am looking for a few more unique ones to finish the space but each clock is (or will be) stopped at special times in our lives - birth times, wedding time, etc. 



This is the screened-in porch. We bought this sectional outdoor sofa on Amazon! I love that this room has a fan. Even on the hottest days I am comfortable sitting out here with the kids while they play. It's also been our favorite spot for reading books before nap time. 


Here's the kitchen! This is where we've made the most changes. We replaced the light fixtures, hardware on the cabinetry, counter tops and sink. I am happy with the way its all come together!





Here is one of the guest rooms. This space was used as an office by the previous owners. It is on the main level and next to a full bath so it works out pretty well. Eventually the master bedroom/bathroom will also be on the main level. We are converting a formal living room and dining room into our suite. Until then, we are sleeping in the dining with lots of boxes! 


The school room / play room. I divided the room in two. This was originally the master bedroom and to me seemed like a very odd space. It was long and narrow. It works perfect for our use! I am searching for some fun wall hangings and a world map before school starts this fall. There are two large walk in closets in the room that store my scrapbooking, gift wrap and paper goods. 



Off the play room there is an additional guest room. I've always wanted a room with twin beds - how fun for sleepovers! I found these antique beds, the dressing, nightstand and chair at this fun little shop in Roanoke that we like to frequent. The clock is from Pier One and the bedding is from Land of Nod (yellow/white animals!) This room is not my typical style and although it does not really "match" the rest of the house - I LOVE IT! 


Part 2 coming soon - when the kids are up from their nap!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the clock idea! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures- the house is beautiful!

Karen Howe said...

Chantry - its beautiful!